CEO and Founder of iGan Partners, the largest healthcare venture capital investor in Canada. He serves as the Chairman of eSight and MolecuLight and sits on the board of Retispec and 6 other Medtech companies. The firm has a diversified investor base which includes Israeli medtech companies. Sam is also a donor of Tel Aviv University and Canadian friends of Tel Aviv University.
- Jimmy Wong, Research Analyst @ CAMH
- Laura Minkowski, Research Analyst @ CAMH
- Ran Manor, Innovation @ Baycrest Health Sciences
- Costin Antonescu, Professor @ Ryerson CaB
- Hossein Noyan, Assistant professor @ Ryerson CaB
- Imogen Coe, Professor @ Ryerson CaB
- Octavio Rico, Electrical Integration and Test Engineer @ Space Systems Loral, Professor
- Fengfeng Xi, Professor @ Ryerson Aerospace Engineering
- Stephen Adler, Executive Director @ Canadian Friends of Tel Aviv University
- Sam Ifergan, CEO @ iGan Partners
- Amy Zaghloul, Director of Investor Relations @ iGan Partners
- Bruno Maruzzo, Advisor @ VentureLAB
- Sep Assadian, Venture Growth, Director @ VentureLAB
- Chris Kennedy, Director @ Prolucid Technologies Inc.
- Kasy Kiarash, Alumni Officer @ Ryerson FoS
- Mary Thomson, Program Manager @ MedTech Talent Accelerator
- Camila Londoño, Director @ Ryerson Science Discovery Zone
- Elodie Lugez, Assistant Professor @ Ryerson Computer Science
- Na Yu, Assistant Professor @ Ryerson Mathematics
- James Doyle, CEO @ Modelis Inc.
- Desmond Hirson, COO @ MolecuLight Inc.
- Lauren Wirtzfeld, Senior Ultrasounds System Developer @ FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc.
- Jeff Barnes, Director Canada Operations @ Hyde Technical Services Canada Inc
- Jen Sage, Recruiter @ Hyde Engineering and Consulting
- Raju Basumatary, CTO @ License Academy (Digifaire)
- Scott Tsai, Associate Professor @ Ryerson Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Steven Jones, Senior Manufacturing Engineering @ Conavi Medical
- Teresa Mihalik, Senior Director @ Agile MV
- Priya Chopra, General Surgeon @ William Olser Health
- Sharon Gabison, Assistant Professor/Affiliate Scientist @ UofT/Toronto Rehab
- Paul Zalzal, Orthopedic Surgeon
- Johnny Libenzon, Associate Product Manager @ Self Care Catalysts
- Chris Seto, CEO @ Spectral Medical Inc
- Joe Aprile, VP of Engineering & Operations @ Spirax Sarco Canada
- Andrei Jakab, Manager, Software and Electrical @ Thornhill Medical
- Shukla Malay, Physician @ Southern Alberta Medical
- Krupaben Joshi, Pharmacy Assistant @ Loblaw Pharmacy
She is the Senior Director at Agile MV and has spent more than 20 years in the medical device industry. Her most notable achievement has been as principal engineer and developer of the Arctic Front® Cardiac CryoAblation Catheter System. This device has now been used to treat more than 1,000,000 patients worldwide and has become standard of care for atrial fibrillation ablation.
Dr. Scott Tsai
Researcher and Professor at Ryerson University. His technical expertise is grounded in his work as a biomedical engineer who specializes in microfluidics. In particular, Tsai is a leading expert in lab-on-a-chip technology and the production and control of microbubbles that can be used to enhance drug delivery, medicine, diagnostics and, ultimately, patient care.
Dr. Paul Zalzal
Orthopaedic Surgeon with a Masters of Applied Science in Biomedical Engineering. He is an Associate Clinical Professor at McMaster University. He runs his clinical practice out of Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital where he is the Chair of the Research Ethics Committee. He has been performing adult reconstructive and ambulatory trauma surgery for over fifteen years. He has pioneered computer-assisted surgical techniques in these areas. His list of publications includes topics relevant to clinical outcomes, biomechanics, tissue engineering, and computer-assisted surgery. He has been employed as a consultant to several biotechnology companies. He is regularly involved in medical-legal consultations. He has been an active member of design teams producing successful commercial products in the fields of computer-assisted surgery and therapeutics. He is the co-founder of Talking With Docs, a YouTube channel that provides free, accessible medical information with over 10 million views in over 90 countries.